The MasterCard Foundation Microfinance Scholars Program
Train microfinance professionals
Why We Partnered
Leadership and management quality are critical to the long-term success of microfinance institutions. The MasterCard Foundation Microfinance Scholars Program provides training and development of microfinance practitioners from Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Scholarships are provided, based on financial need, through the following microfinance training institutions:
- The Boulder Institute of Microfinance, USA
- The Coady International Institute, Canada
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
- Harvard Business School and ACCION Program on Strategic Leadership for Microfinance, USA
- School of African Microfinance, Kenya
- University of New Hampshire’s Carsey Institute’s Sustainable Microenterprise Development Program (SMDP), USA
Results to Date
- More than 1,500 practitioners trained from over 90 countries.
The Foundation does not provide scholarships to individuals. Please address any inquiries to the institutions directly.
Microfinance Handbook, An Institutional and Financial Perspective
Joanna Ledgerwood, Published in 1999 by The World Bank