Report: Financial Services for Young People
The MasterCard Foundation has explored financial services for young people by testing approaches to reaching low-income young people with financial services and education.
Financial Services for Young People: Prospects and Challenges is a review of early insights and learning based on our youth financial services projects. In this paper, which was prepared with The Boston Consulting Group, we learned about:
- The need for financial services among low-income young people;
- Promising indications of the benefits of financial access;
- The business case for providing financial services to young people;
- Where donors and social investors can deepen their focus on young people; and
- How a conducive regulatory and policy environment could be enhanced for both financial inclusion and youth development agendas.